Netuitive Announces Netuitive Analytics 2.0
Reston, VA – June 30, 2003 – Netuitive®, Inc., a provider of next-generation infrastructure performance management software, today announced the release of Netuitive Analytics 2.0, its flagship product. Netuitive Analytics 2.0 extends and optimizes the capabilities of popular performance software such as PATROL from BMC Software and NetIQ AppManager with more efficient threshold management, early warning of performance degradation or failures, and faster problem diagnosis.
"Too many alerts from fixed thresholds, excessive and costly downtime, and slow, difficult problem diagnosis are core challenges in today's performance management arena," said Nicola Sanna, President and CEO of Netuitive, Inc. "We've improved Netuitive Analytics 2.0 so that operations managers can get more accurate advance warning of impending failures, and be able to act faster in diagnosing, preventing, and resolving performance degradation issues."
Working with an organization's existing PATROL or AppManager monitoring infrastructure (no new agents are required), Sanna explained, Netuitive Analytics analyzes and correlates collected data to generate alerts that are combined and interpreted into what Netuitive calls Trusted Alarms. "Trusted Alarms," he emphasized, "provide the most accurate and reliable indicators of impending performance failures available today."
In addition to seamless installation with either PATROL or AppManager, Netuitive Analytics version 2.0 improves the ability of users to:
- Know when an alert requires attention and response. By automatically determining normal behavior, Netuitive Analytics can more accurately identify abnormalities that deserve an operator's attention.
- Lower costs by minimizing the need for labor intensive threshold sets and rests.
- Improve performance service levels and avoid costly downtime with early warnings of impending failures.
- Improve Mean Time To Repair (MMTR) with faster diagnosis and accurate interpretation of performance issues.
- Increase ROI and leverage the investment in AppManager or PATROL technology.
"We selected Netuitive Analytics because we consider it a brain or gray matter emulator," according to Ron Rose, CIO of Priceline.com, an Internet-based transactional service that offers travel and personal finance services. "It gives us a 24x7 emulation of human analysis across a broader array of inputs and at faster speeds than any single individual could manage," he noted. "With Netuitive Analytics, we can form a secondary opinion about the nature of the set of problems we are experiencing, improve our ability to solve those problems, and help prevent outages."
"Netuitive Analytics offers a new way to leverage an organization's investment in PATROL or AppManager," according to Sanna. "Today, performance-related failures are almost always addressed after they have impacted availability of major applications, and they require lots of expensive staff resources devoted to diagnosing them. With Netuitive Analytics, we enable operators to maintain more predictable, sustained performance, while minimizing the need for labor-intensive threshold sets and resets."
Powerful new features in Netuitive Analytics 2.0 include:
Improved Adaptive Behavior Profiles – As new workloads or applications are added to a server, Netuitive Analytics 2.0 uses dynamic self-learning baselines to automatically adjust to significant and sustained changes in system behavior.
Adjustable Alarm Settings – Operations managers gain increased control over what constitutes abnormal behavior that would generate a Trusted Alarm.
Alarm Snooze – End users can now choose to temporarily disable alarms when behavior is known to be abnormal. When the alarms have subsided or a new alarming condition occurs, the alarm will be turned back on automatically.
- Offline Server Analysis Reports – Reporting on the most immediate data, the software accurately identifies normal operating ranges for system behavior. End users create MS Excel reports and graphs on alarm and performance metrics for the last seven days.
- Enhanced Trusted Alarm Messages – The values for the dynamic thresholds in effect when a Trusted Alarm is generated now appear in the message text. This new information provides context so users understanding the magnitude of each alarm.
About Netuitive, Inc.
Netuitive provides predictive analytics software for IT. Netuitive replaces human guesswork with automated mathematics and analysis to forecast, identify and resolve IT performance issues before they impact quality of service. Hundreds of customers, including seven of the 10 largest banks, rely on Netuitive to proactively manage the performance and capacity of their their IT infrastructures — physical, virtual and cloud. Industry recognition includes the 2010 CODiE Award for "Best Systems Management Solution," the 2010 EMA Award for “Best Analytics,” and the 2009 "Best of VMworld" Award for Virtualization Management. For more information, visit www.netuitive.com.